Document Type : Research article
Electrical Engineering Department, LES laboratory, University of August 20th, 1955, Skikda, Algeria
This paper presents one of the optimization method based on the newest stochastic search algorithm such as Gravitational Search Algorithm (GSA) to solve the Optimal Power Flow (OPF) Combined Economic Dispatch with Valve-Point Effect and Emission Index (EI) in electrical power networks. Our main goal is to minimize the objective function necessary for a best balance between the energy production and its consumption which is presented in a nonlinear function, taking into account of equality and of inequality constraints. The objective is to minimize the total cost of active generations, the active power losses and the emission index. GSA method have been examined and tested on the standard IEEE 30-bus test system with various objective functions. The simulation results of used methods have been compared and validated with those reported in the recent literature. The results are promising and show the effectiveness and robustness of used method. It should be mentioned that from the base case, the cost generation, the active power losses and the emission index are significantly reduced.
- In all multi-objective functions we use the aggregation weighting function;
- Gravity Search Algorithm (GSA) is the recent developed meta-heuristic algorithm;
- Nonlinear and non-smooth of the fuel costs function;
- The change of weight factors affected directly the optimal values of the different objective functions;
- The masses of agents are calculated using fitness evaluation.